Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weight and Watch

Ivy’s been telling me that she’s getting much more than she bargained for when we were married. My kids are not so polite. They say “You’re FAT.” And the sad part, I don’t disagree. And know that I’ve got to loose weight and soon. In fact, starting tomorrow.

The problem, Tomorrow never comes. And this seems to be my story. But last week, I had a brand new incentive. My brother Frank, who is just slightly overweight wanted a bet. He wanted us each to loose 10 kg (24 lbs). And to make it interesting, there was a big sum involved. US$ 10,000. If either did not loose the specified weight, he’d have to give the other the wager amount. However, if neither achieved or, or if both achieved it, then there would be no exchange of money. Just 2 more healthy people.

In my case, the problem is simple. I have to lose the weight. I can’t afford to lose. And so have to figure out a plan. We have 6 months in which to do it. So I guess thats 2 kilos a month, with 1 month to spare. If only it was as easy as that. I know its going to be tough. But then when there’s no choice it has to be done.

A few things I plan to do. Will let you know after 6 months, if any of this plan worked, and if I managed to lose the weight.

a. Walk for 4 kms / day – 3 days a week.
b. Exercise for 10 mts in the morning – 5 days a week
c. Eat breakfast regularly.
d. Have an early and light dinner. 8 pm – Salads and Soups.
e. Have 3 small meals / snacks in between.
f. Walk up the stairs at home and at office.
g. Swim – Once a week

Its pretty easy to make the plan. I know its going to be very difficult to execute. But then if you don’t plan. you’ll never know what all you did not do.

Its possible that over a period of time, some or all of the above may be modified or even dropped. Its started on a good note. The last 3 days at Goa, I actually used the gym. And believe it or not, it was the first time.
Hopefully, its not the last, and I’ll have some secrets to share, in January 2010.

Until then Weight and Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment