Sunday, February 12, 2012

Together Forever

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary. Today I complete 17 years of being married. To one of the most wonderful persons, who has tolerated all of my short comings, most of the time with a Smile.


We've had mostly great times with a few rough patches strewn along the way. And I guess it was the rough patches that made the good times even better.Its said that most marriages are strong because of 2 people. My sense is that they are strong because of 1 of the 2 persons. In our case it is without question, Ivy. Thank You. 

However, a plain Thank You cannot be enough for 17 years of putting up with me. Whilst I may never be able to be the Ideal Partner, going forward I'll try and be less of a pain and more of a help.


So here's my list of 10 things I'll do this year. That way I can give you a new list every year.

1. More time with you. Less with the TV.

2. Dinner, just the 2 of us, once a month.

3. Family day out, once a month.

4. Do my share of looking at the kids studies.

5. Do my share of housework.

6. Exercise. And get you to join me.

7. Eat Healthy. And get you to join me.

8. Take a vacation. To somewhere we haven't been before.

9. Doing the stuff you hate to do.

10. Completing 1 - 9, with a Smile.

 
Here's looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you. And don't stop Smiling. It lights up my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment