Sunday, January 12, 2014

10 To Do's for 2014



I wanted to write a blog on my thoughts of my take on the defining moments of 2014. It then occurred to me that maybe we should start predicting and start doing. So here's my list of 10 things you should try in 2014. I definitely intend to, Try, that is.

I wasn't able to objectively attribute importance, since I feel they all matter. So have taken the easy way out. And put them in alphabetical order.


1. Capture
Photograph and capture life's moments. Create your own memories. At least once a week.


2. Exercise
Keep moving. Walk, run or whatever you like. Spend at least 3 hours a week.


3. Family
Spend time with your family. Parents. Kids. And most important spouse. Talk to them. Tell them you love them. When you can. You never know if you'll ever get another chance.


4. Learn
Learn something you don't know. Cooking. Cycling. Scuba Diving...


5. Nothing
Spend at least an hour a week doing nothing. Its as important as doing all the important stuff. And best of all, its easy.


6. Participate
At home. At work. In your community. In simple ways. Like voting. Giving an opinion. Making a contribution.


7. Read
Daily : An article
Weekly : An essay
Monthly : A book


8. Risk
Take risks. That's what makes life exciting. Do at least 1 thing that if you were sensible, you wouldn't.


9. Smile
It improves your face value. It also makes a big difference. To the other person. And in turn to you. You can do it anytime. On the street. At your work. On the phone.


10. Write
At least once a week. And this is my writing for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment