Sunday, September 21, 2014

Time - Use it or better still Procrastinate

I have a major problem writing this weekly blog. I come up with a zillion reasons for doing it later. I would love to think its because I'm extremely busy and have no time or am doing something way more important. Unfortunately that's mostly not true.


Its almost like postponing writing this blog becomes a goal and am able to come up with reasons to justify the same. Most or possibly all of them untrue. I decided to check if its a problem I have and if there's a solution.

The good news is that it seems like I have a problem, but so does almost everyone. The problem called "Procrastination".  Its definition
"Procrastination is the practice of carrying out less urgent tasks in preference to more urgent ones, or doing more pleasurable things in place of less pleasurable ones, and thus putting off impending tasks to a later time, sometimes to the "last minute" before the deadline."


The bad news is that if you want to succeed, you've got to find a solution, at least partial for this huge problem called "Procrastination".

I set about doing research on the subject aka "Googling". I found that this was very interesting. I was doing what I enjoyed doing, checking out random you tubes and it counted as work. Well almost.


I found an interesting take on time, our perception of time and how patient kids, and adults who were willing to fore-go immediate rewards for a larger gain in some future time, were much better off. In that event, and more important in Life.   

Philip Zimbardo: The psychology of time



The most entertaining and appropriate rendition of procrastination can be found in this musical.

Procrastinate - The Musical



And if you like to be motivationally inspired, aka lectured on how "You Can Do It", check out Robin Sharma's talk.

How I Beat Procrastination : Robin Sharma





And finally for those who only want a quick fix in 3 minutes check out this quick but possibly unrealistic 3 step solution.

3 Powerful Techniques To Beat Procrastination : Arina Nikitina

No comments:

Post a Comment