Sunday, February 12, 2017

Agile Development - The Art of Doing More in Less

Recently during a client presentation, we were asked what development methodology would we be using. And I replied, "Agile". The client further probed, "Why". And I explained the benefits of the methodology in terms of the software development cycle.


While the client accepted the response, and we did get the project, I wasn't very happy with my response. While it was factually correct, I did not think I did a good job in explaining the methodology in a simple and easy to understand manner.


And so when I came across this talk by the creator of the process, it was fascinating. And explained the system in a manner that I couldn't.



The art of doing twice as much in half the time | Jeff Sutherland
Jeff Sutherland is one of the world's leading experts of organizational management. He'll explain how to be agile, not just in software development but in every business to disrupt the field. A former US Air Force "Top Gun," Jeff Sutherland is the co-creator of the SCRUM process. This methodology, developed in 1993 and formalized in 1995 with Ken Schwaber, has since been adopted by the vast majority of software development companies around the world.

Jeff is a leading expert on how the framework has evolved to meet the needs of today's business. Realizing its benefits are not limited to software development, he has adapted this strategy to several other industries including: finance, healthcare and telecom. His processes are now widely used for managing challenging projects and hyperproductive development teams.

As the CEO of Scrum Inc. and the Senior Advisor and Agile Coach to OpenView Venture Partners, Jeff shares best practices with organisations around the globe.


And finally, I cannot but help smile whenever I see this image, which is funny yet more often than not an accurate reflection of the software industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment