Sunday, April 1, 2018

My last day as a Parent

Tomorrow my younger daughter, Reia turns 21. And formally becomes an Adult. And while I'll be a Dad forever, my parenting days are formally over.


I started this blog with the intention of giving advice from a father to his daughter as she begins her journey as an adult. And as I began writing I came upon a realization. A realization that ever since she was born, Reia has been teaching me. Lessons of Life. And in spite of me not always being a good student, she never gave up. And didn't allow me to give up.


And so, as I wish Reia a Happy Birthday and Bon Voyage for her Adult Life, all I can say is,
"Be as Mature and Thoughtful an Adult, as you have been as a Child."

You keep saying how blessed you are to have us in your life. The truth is that we are blessed to have YOU.

I concur with Don.
"... but you are the hard worker, and hence will go farthest in life. That's the Don prediction."

And continue to believe what I told Ivy 15 years ago.

"
Reia's going to be in the newspapers. 
I don't know whether she'll be Famous. Or Infamous. 
Now, I'm betting on Famous.
"
Happy 21st and Cheers !


p.s.: And learning from the best, this blog is your birthday gift. And the words, "... Famous", your 21 presents. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment