Sunday, August 19, 2018

Managing Money

A couple of days ago, my sister Mabel was reviewing her portfolio. And was disturbed. She was disturbed because although she was using several professional money managers, they were unable to provide a few basic answers. And her questions were quite simple:

a. What are my returns for the last year ?
b. What are my returns since I started investing ?
c. Where are my investments and why?
d. What are the returns of the benchmark against which you are investing ?


She wanted to do it herself, and wanted my opinion. Having a big mouth, I told her she should research the subject and then make a decision. No surprise, I was immediately given the task.

And being the Good brother, that's what I did. I won't bore you with all of the research, except to say the results were extremely interesting.

There was one talk which did not give me what I was looking for. However I did find that it would be interesting to most. And could help them re-define the way they managed their wealth. At a macro level.

Warren Buffett: Investment Advice & Strategy - #MentorMeWarren
Evan Carmichael



 

No comments:

Post a Comment