Sunday, June 9, 2013

Learn driving at 16. Learn to fly at ...

It was a Saturday afternoon and Reia and I were just finishing up our weekend chores when Reia had one of her moments. And said, "Can we go flying ?". And I responded, "Sure, find a flight school nearby.". Within minutes, she had done a net search and found a school in Danbury, about 30 minutes away.


We called them and checked if we could go flying today. And surprisingly, they said, "Yes. When would you like to fly ?". And we found ourselves in their office in under an hour.

They had a deal where one could get an Introductory 30 minute flight for $105. Reia was keen on taking the flight. And so was I. But today was her day, and I made a mistake. Gave her the option of me joining her. And having an option she took a decision that only Reia could. Decided that I wasn't to join her.


http://www.arrowaviationllc.com/


The flying instructor was a nice gentleman who made sure she had her phone camera and other stuff all set. And off they went. I had told the flight instructor that if Reia enjoyed herself they could extend the flight to up to 2 hours. Yet another mistake. They finally came back 2 hours later. And I was poorer by twice as much as I had planned to.


And while she was flying I was finding out what it took to get a private pilots license. And what I found out was quite interesting. Interesting enough for me to get mine. And guess what. You just have to be 17. A drivers license at 16. And a pilots license at 17. This can only happen in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment