Sunday, September 6, 2015

Thank you for the music

Unbelievable as it may seem, the first time I heard an English song was an ABBA song. And like most things in life, your first stays forever. And ABBA has remained my favorite band. Possibly because it was also one of the few bands where I understood what they sang.


Last Wednesday my daughters took Ivy and me to the Broadway play Mamma Mia. And we had wonderful orchestra seats. Needless to say, we loved the play, even though all of us had seen the movie multiple times.

Interestingly they had a live band performing and the experience of a play with live singing is different from a movie.

The play brought back a lot of old memories and I began doing what I do best. Create a list. And so here goes my list my all time 5 favorite ABBA songs and my favoritest.

I hope you'll love them as much as I do.

Fernando



Money, Money, Money



Take a chance on me



The winner takes it all



I have a dream


To Freia and Reia, you'll made our day, year, ... and,
"So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me"


No comments:

Post a Comment