Sunday, May 8, 2016

Upa Yoga

A couple of weeks ago, I went with my friend Salil to learn Yoga exercises from a Yoga Guru (Teacher). There are several schools of Yoga. It turned out that our Guru followed the Isha foundation school. The Isha foundation is led by Sadhguru, a popular Guru who also happens to have an amazing sense of humor.


He taught us basic yoga exercises, also called Upa Yoga. These exercises were meant to loosen the various parts of the body, provide good exercise and was the recommended as daily practice for beginners.

I've been doing them for 2 weeks now and have found that it does help in remaining active through the day. You can check out Upa Yoga and the exercises here.


I guess the biggest challenge is in continuity and how long you;re able to pursue the same. I'm hoping to make it a lifetime habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment