Sunday, February 17, 2019

Just Married... 25 years ago !


On Feb 13, Ivy and I celebrated 25 years of our marriage. Ours has been a marriage of
"Imperfect Understanding." 
I've been Imperfect. And Ivy's been Understanding.

Freia sent a Tweet wishing us.


Although I must say that in 25 years, I've managed to turn that look of "What the hell am I getting into ...", into an awesome smile of, "It wasn't too bad."


I've got a zillion reasons to be thankful to Ivy for having tolerated me for 25 long years. To celebrate 25 years, here's my list of 25 Thank You's.

Thank you for ...

  • Freia.

  • Reia.

  • being the perfect daughter-in-law.

     

  • looking after Daddy.

  • looking out for and always supporting me. Unconditionally.

     

     

  • being a perfect homemaker.

  • giving me a a zillion cups of Chai.

  • adjusting to my work schedule.

  • doing 100% of the cooking. And making amazing food.

  • doing 100% of managing our house. And making it a beautiful home.

  • doing 100% of managing the kids. And raising awesome kids.

  • being a pleasing person for 25 years, just as you said when we first met.

  • Smiling. Always.

     


  • tolerating my tantrums.

     

     

  •  making up, even though it was I who was being unreasonable.

     


  • expecting Nothing. And not getting mad when that's exactly what I got you.

  • caring for people you don't even know. Your patients.

  • tolerating and sometimes even encouraging my always changing idiosyncrasies.

  • never caring about money.

  • loving me.

     


  • caring for me.

  • accepting me as I am.

     

     

  • for the music you introduced me to.

     

     

  •  being PERFECT.

     


  • and being Just The Way You Are.




And while I've not been a great husband for the last 25 years, I commit to being better during the next 25. With a hope that in case I fail, you'll continue to tolerate me. And love me as I Love You. Since Feb 13, 1994. And forever more.


25 years ago we set out on the Voyage of our Lifetime. And it's been an Amazing and Beautiful Voyage. Onwards to 25 more years of this Beautiful Voyage.

Bon Voyage Mon Amie et Mon Amour



p.s.: I just realized I haven't given you a gift for our 25th. Or for the previous 24 anniversaries. How about I get something really cool for our 26th ? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment