Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 - The beginning of a new decade

This is my first blog of the New Year. Actually new decade. And hence is very very special.

First I'd like to wish my 2.7 readers which is a 100% increase in readership over the last 1 year a very happy and prosperous year ahead. But don't spend too much time here, since its likely to impact the prosperity bit. You need to work for it.

This year, like previous years I requested Freia to come up with a topical New Year greeting that I could send my family, friends, colleagues, and whichever e-mail I happened to have. And like previous years, she came up with something that I liked.


2010 - An Eventful Year

We had the unfortunate Pakistan floods,
The Haiti quake was traguc,
The new iPhone and the Android technology,
And Spain worked its football magic.

Thailand went through a political crisis,
Wikileaks caused quite a chaos,
Costa Rica had its first woman president,
and the BP oil spill led to a big loss.

Liu Xiaobo receoved the Nobel in absentia,
And Aung San Suu Kyi finally said goodbye to jail,
Chilean mines were rescued,
And European finance grew quite stale.

So 2010 was quite an eventful year,
And not everything went too well,
Now let's have a fresh start in 2011,
And how it goes, only the future can tell.

So this year, may your life be filled with joy,
And may all your dreams come true,
From all of us out here,
A very Happy New Year to you.


Special occasions are time to be traditional. And tradition has it that New Year writings be about resolutions. And so I'll give my New Year resolutions. Not for the decade, but for 2011.


Resolution for the Decade

Make resolutions I can keep. And keep resolutions that I make.


2011 Resolutions - My 10 commandments for 2011

1. Office at 8
someone needs to open the doors

2. Complete writing my first Novel
even if it has no publisher or reader

3. Get technically updated
so that I know what my colleagues are talking about

4. Continue weekly blog
and double readership to 4

5. Reduce 10 kgs
and binge for the rest of the decade

6. Exercise regularly - 5 days a week
whilst watching TV

7. Get my flying license by 2012
and get set to fly high

8. Go do some scuba diving
and meet the underworld

9. Learn to manage financial instruments
so at least I stop losing money

10. Make 365 new connections
and hope to have 5 friends

Have a great year. And a greater decade. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment