Sunday, August 4, 2013

Eating out in Mumbai

The last 3 weeks has been a food fest for me. I've eaten out almost every alternate day and the food's been amazing. I guess when you've been away for almost a year, you start appreciating Indian restaurants even more. And the price has been the best part. Great food at a great price What more could one ask for.


It goes without saying that whilst all of the restaurants were awesome, none were as good as "Home cooked Indian food". The simple Chapati, Bhaji, Rice and Dal. Yummm. But here are the 5 places I enjoyed most.


5 - Westin


This is a star property and I attended a conference. And the buffet lunch that was served was quite good. A large spread. Lots of options. And all in all good food. The part I liked best, the Dessert. The Mango Souffle and Dudhi Halwa stood out and the several helpings I had isn't helping me achieve my weight targets.


4 - Laxmi


A simple South Indian restaurant. And for breakfast I decided to have a Idli Wada Sambar and a Onion Rava Masala Dosa. Hot, Fresh, Crsipy and Tasteee. The Chai topped off a complete breakfast.



3 - Jugheads


Continental food, with an Indian flavor. The Chicken sizzler I had was very good. And I had bites from the others I was out to lunch with. Fish, Lamb and Veggies. All very good.


2 - Global Sigri


This was my first time at Global Sigri, a newly opened restaurant at Powai. The buffet consisted of several veg and non veg starters, a main course spread that was generous. And a unhealthy but tasty dessert line-up. I enjoyed the spread and I wished I could go home for a nap as opposed to back to work.


1 - Mainland China


On most trips, Mainland China ends up as being one of the most memorable. And this time was no exception. We had the Unfixed Menu. It starts with wontons followed by a soup. And then 4 main courses. Ending with a delectable dessert. And what makes this the no. 1 place was that each of the dishes was very, very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment