Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Reia


 
Dear Reia,

Yesterday you became an adult. Now you can officially do what you've been doing for the last 18 years. Making your own decisions.


Almost 3 years ago when we moved to Wilton, CT we had a minor disagreement, or a major fight based on the point of view. At that time, you wrote a note that was supposedly an apology. What it said was,

"I'm sorry, if it was my fault, but I think it was your fault too. We need to live together and I'll change. But you need to change too."


You have changed, for the better and I hope I did too. In the last 3 years you've grown to be quite an amazing person. And as our adventure together comes to an end, as you leave for college this fall, I'm glad we took what was then considered a stupid decision to move here.


Happy Birthday. This is just the beginning of what I'm confident will be an extremely exciting and successful adulthood. May all of your dreams come true.

Pa

p.s.: I'm sure you're wondering how come you or Freia didn't get a birthday gift. We've been extreme;y lucky and so I figured that giving the gift of education to 2 young girls in India who weren't as lucky as us, would be a gift you'll will appreciate and will be memorable. For them. And for You'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment