Sunday, April 26, 2015

Is there a God ?



In the last couple of weeks, I had 2 very interesting experiences. Coincidentally I watched 2 movies on Netflix. Both had extremely logical, passionate and convincing arguments. The only problem was that they held the exact opposite view of each other.

The 2 movies were "the Unbelievers" and "God's not Dead."


'The Unbelievers' follows renowned scientists Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss across the globe as they speak publicly about the importance of science and reason in the modern world - encouraging others to cast off antiquated religious and politically motivated approaches toward important current issues.



The film includes interviews with celebrities and other influential people who support the work of these controversial speakers, ..."
http://www.unbelieversmovie.com/info.htm



"God's Not Dead is a 2014 American Christian drama film directed by Harold Cronk, and stars Kevin Sorbo, Shane Harper, David A. R. White and Dean Cain. The film was released to theaters on March 21, 2014, by Pure Flix Entertainment.[4] The film follows an evangelical Christian college student (Shane Harper) whose faith is challenged by a philosophy professor who declares God a pre-scientific fiction."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God%27s_Not_Dead_%28film%29




Its important to view the movies and appreciate the underlying arguments as opposed to analyzing the complete movies, which could lead to several areas of disagreement with both of the movies.

I discussed the same with a friend who asked me an extremely interesting question. "Which point of view do you now agree with?"

My answer. Before I saw the movies I didn't know which view had greater merit.


After watching both the movies I now know a little more about both points of view, including the merits of each view. But, my conclusion remains the same, "I don't know".

No comments:

Post a Comment