Sunday, September 1, 2019

If Tomorrow Comes !


If Tomorrow Comes is one of my all time favorite novels. From one of my all time favorite fiction writers, Sidney Sheldon. It gets everything right, starting with the name. What an awesome name.


What's today got to do with Tomorrow. Well, actually tomorrow is my birthday. And I'm hoping that tomorrow will come. However I'm hoping that this time around, I'll finally not only get older which I've consistently managed, but also wiser, which again I've consistently managed not to happen.

Being a fan of data and measurement, how will we know 1 year later, If tomorrow came and whether it was better. Here's my list of 10 things I'll try, (want to keep things realistic) and do in the coming year. And for the purpose of success, I guess an overall 80% should be the benchmark for success, in this case, "IMHO". And currently it seems like, only "MHO" matters.

1. Change 3 behaviors

2. Do 3, 3 minute humorous stand-ups

 3. Learn about 3 religions

4. Implement 3 Brain exercises

5. Get (3x2)+ hours of sleep regularly

6. Try the power of vulnerability, 3 times

7. Avoid critical mistakes by having 3 plans, A, B and C for important tasks

8. Break 3 bad habits

9. Learn 3 new things online

And finally the most important:

10. Do nothing while spending 3 weeks with family

And if this works out well, on my next birthday I might be on the way to writing:
"The Art of Living RIGHT !"

p.s.: Any one reading this blog would have figured by now, that the first 9 things I've outlined are from my blogs of the previous 9 weeks. And don't you think it makes sense that I should at the very least practice what I publish !

No comments:

Post a Comment