Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to me !

Today's my birthday and I was going to write a nice, long philosophical piece. But my elder daughter Freia wrote a blog. And brought me down to earth. With a quick reality check.


I thought you too should read it. 


Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy! :)

So it's my dad's birthday today, and he now lives in the US so I decided to make him an e-card.

(You should look at his super awesome blog)

Initially I thought of writing some senti emo I miss you crap but that's not my style, and certainly not the relationship I share with my dad.


So I wrote him a very old school poem, something I might have written when i was 9.

Check it out-

It's that time of the year again
and boy, you're getting older

Getting closer to the half century,

Getting shinier, getting golder ;)

When everyone tells you how much they love you,

Cause you know, you're quite the star

And how you're so cool and so reliable

(Though honestly, i find it bizarre)

SO instead of telling you today

That you'll always be young at heart

I thought I'll just remind you,

You're really not so state of the art

Like, look at you bro, you're balding

The hair is falling off

Memory failing, ears gone bad

Am I hearing a sustained cough?

My my, it won't be too much longer

Only a matter of time

LOL JK I LOVE YOU DADDY

BUT OMG YOU'RE 49! :O

 
http://www.themumbaigirl.blogspot.in/2012/09/happy-birthday-daddy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment