Sunday, April 28, 2013

An Electric Car that works


On Friday, I drove to Springfield in Massachusetts for a meeting with an innovative VoIP company. It was a long drive of almost 2 hours each way. We broke for lunch and our hosts wanted to take us to a Mexican place. The most interesting part was the journey to lunch. To and fro. It was in a Tesla, the world's first truly usable electric car. It was my first experience in a Tesla, as even a test drive needs you to book one after paying $5,000. And then wait for over a year before you can get it.


An electric car was a dream. All of the pundits debunked it as something that is not practical. The hybrid is the closest they came to being environmentally friendly. And then along came the Tesla. An amazing story. And an amazing car. But I'll allow Tesla to tell their story as they do it it much better than I ever could. All I can say is it was an  interesting and enjoyable experience. And I do hope to own one, soon.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment