Sunday, April 14, 2013

Incredible India


I just got back from India early today. And it was a short visit of under a week. Since I had not been to India for over 7 months, I had missed it. After all, home is where the heart is.


One of the interesting things that happened was that I came across a few people who were visiting India. As tourists. And on the way back, a couple who were returning after a trip. The way they described the country is something I hadn't thought about. Its culture. Its beauty. Its people.


And that's when it struck me that I have no idea about India, as a country. My complete outlook is based on the little I had seen and lived. And that is an insignificant part of India. The visitors knew so much more.


And so the next time I have a break, I'm taking a holiday to the one place I've never visited with open eyes. Even though I may have lived there, virtually all my life.


In the meanwhile I suggest you can enjoy some of what Incredible India has to offer. Virtually. Until you too can experience the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment