Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Slingshot

I recently saw the documentary Slingshot and found out how little I knew about what's happening in the world. The film was about Inventor Dean Kamen, who I hadn't heard about, although I was familiar with his invention, the Segway.

Slingshot is not captivating as a film but is a must watch because of its content.

His TED biography describes him as,
"Dean Kamen landed in the limelight with the Segway, but he has been innovating since high school, with more than 150 patents under his belt. Recent projects include portable energy and water purification for the developing world, and a prosthetic arm for maimed soldiers." However, its more interesting to hear him speak.




I've always thought that there has to be a methodology to generate clean water in a cost effective manner. What I did not know was that Dean had solved the problem in teh previous decade. The Slingshot.


No comments:

Post a Comment