Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Empowerment Plan

I get most of my thoughts for the blog from people around me. Freia has provided the most number of thoughts and blog ideas. And so I was surprised, overjoyed actually when Reia gave me a blog idea that I was going to use. It was the 2nd in less than 2 months. At this rate, I will have no dearth of ideas for 2016. Thanks Freia and Reia.


The Empowerment Plan is an extremely simple, yet powerful and effective idea.
"Our mission is to educate, employ, and empower homeless individuals to create a better life for themselves and their families while producing a humanitarian product for those in need."


It all started with Veronika Scott's as part of American Express's #PassionProject. The Empowerment Plan was part of her class project and the outcome is a coat. Not just any coat but one that saves lives. The EMPWR coat is a water-resistant and self-heating jacket, which can transform into a sleeping bag, or be worn as an over-the-shoulder bag when not in use.

http://www.empowermentplan.org/#!the-coat/cass

No comments:

Post a Comment