Sunday, September 11, 2016

Lake Granby

My 4 week stint in Denver is coming to an end and the Wanna Pixel team decided to take me out for a full day outing. Denver nicknamed the Mile-High City is exactly one mile (5,280 ft) above sea level. The Lake we were going to was twice that, over 10,000 ft.


We left Denver after picking up our colleague Meg around 11. The 2 hour ride was beautiful as we drove up and around the Rockies. We arrived at Lake Granby, where we rented a 22 ft. boat. I was excited. My original profession was shipping and boats my first love. And first loves, remain.


We cast off with me at the helm and it fond memories came flooding back. Although the boat was probably 1/1,000 of the ships I sailed on, the thrill was the same.

And as if one thrill wasn't enough, there was a second in store. A drone. We were going to be flying a drone and capturing the beauty of Lake Granby and the surroundings from the air and multiple angles. Yet another activity I had never done, but always wanted to.


I thought I knew what a drone was and what its capabilities were. I was shocked. Its capabilities far surpassed anything I had dreamt of. I'll let you decide as you watch the video. And remember, many aspects of it are virtual reality compatible, which means that if you use 3D glasses you'll be able to explore the movie in all of its fascinating dimensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment