Sunday, October 8, 2017

Screen Addiction


Earlier today I met my cousin. While we were having Chai, her daughter was busy on her iPad and her husband on his Samsung Smartphone. She sighed and said, "My family is addicted to screens".

She also told me that she has insisted, starting a few days ago that during dinner all of them will eat at the table and all devices will be put away. Her kids had after the first day adapted well. Here husband was still having problems getting used to it.


That's when I remembered that a few months ago when Freia was at Mashable, she mentioned an app she tested that managed screen time. I promised to find out and send the details to my cousin. And instead of asking Google, I asked Freia. And I got the answer.


UnGlue
"
End screen time battles.
Start better habits.
Too much screen time. It’s a problem all parents face. Now there’s a solution that gives kids the power to learn healthier habits — within your boundaries. It’s not about parental control. It’s about teaching them to manage their own time.
"


Seems like a product that all families with kids need. Here's a quick look at a couple of the company's educational videos.

unGlue families

 



unGlue Intro Tips For Parents

 


No comments:

Post a Comment