Sunday, January 26, 2020

Reia wins Gold!

Yesterday I received a WhatsApp message from Reia.


I didn't realize till a few hours later that Reia's Senior Project had won a mention at the IDA Design Awards. And it wasn't till earlier today that I realized that she had won a Gold. It was a big deal and I was super excited.


I read her entry description. And then re-read it. And then re-re-read it. It was extremely well written. And seemed to come from the heart.


“If life gives you Melons, you might be Dyslexic”. Growing up I never understood why reading, something that seemed so simple was so challenging for me. 06897 is a collection about my journey with Dyslexia. I dive deep into the past, using report cards, old tests and books I read growing up as prints. Orange, a combination of red (A color I saw repeatedly on report cards) and yellow (A color that represents joy) is the key color of this collection, tying it all together.
https://idesignawards.com/winners/zoom.php?eid=9-24833-19


Reia has managed to take her limitations head-on and embrace it. And that's a great attitude to have. All of us couldn't be more proud of Reia. Fo her Gold. For her writing. And above all for her Amazing Attitude.

CONGRATS REIA !

No comments:

Post a Comment