Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Best Advice - My Top 10

I recently saw an interviewer on Bloomberg ask her guest the best business advice he had received. And that inspired a thought. I'm giving below my Top 10. Some were told to me, some I read and a couple I stumbled upon the hard way.


10.
Its okay to not know. Its not okay to not know that you don't know.

9.
Don't expect someone else to do something you're not confident of doing. And when you're not sure, do it first.

8.
God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason. Shut up and listen.

7.
Listen to people around you. And then follow your gut.

6.
Don't say Yes when you mean No. More important don't say No when you want to say Yes.

5.
Believe in yourself. Especially when no one else will.

4.
Life's not fair. You're probably luckier than most.

3.
Money is like mercury, the harder you try to get it, the further it goes. Do your best and allow it to flow to you.

2.
Do the right thing. Not because it'll help you succeed, but because its the right thing to do.

1.
You can't always do what you love. But you can always love what you do.



It occured to me that this would be a common enough topic and there would be several interesting articles. There were and here are my favorite 3.

Top Leaders Share The Best Advice They Ever Receive

11 of the Most Powerful Business People Share the Best Advice They've Ever Received

Top 10 Best Business Advice You've Ever Gotten




No comments:

Post a Comment