Sunday, June 23, 2019

Say your truths

I've been spending the last several weeks with family. Mainly my siblings. And around us were several other relations and several siblings. I observed that while on the surface they seemed ok with each other, under the surface there was a lot of unspoken animosity. Serious enough to be obvious even to others such as myself.

I was grateful that our sibling rivalry stood out for being less rivalry and more loving. Relatively speaking of course. Nevertheless, there are tiny bits of baggage that I carry as am sure do my siblings. And probably my wife and kids. And doesn't it make sense to "Let it go." While its easier said and even easier written, its probably hard to do. As someone once said and if they didn't they should have, "Acknowledging is the first step to doing."


Say your Truths and Seek them in Others
Elizabeth Lesser

Elizabeth Lesser describes the healing process of putting aside pride and defensiveness to make way for soul-baring and truth-telling. "You don't have to wait for a life-or-death situation to clean up the relationships that matter to you," she says. "Be like a new kind of first responder ... the one to take the first courageous step toward the other."


No comments:

Post a Comment