Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 : Begins with a CRASH !

2017 is going to be a great year. I just know. It started with a crash. Literally. Early this morning at 2.30 we were headed to the airport to drop Reia who was on her way to college in Hong Kong.


As we were pulling out of the driveway, we heard a ripping sound. We had hit a concrete protrusion. We reversed, pulled out and parked to inspect the damage. It was deep gash, dent and hole on the passenger side of the car. The good news was that we were able to open and close the doors. And decided to continue our trip to the airport.


We felt lucky to have got away with some damage. We made it to the airport and bid Au Revoir to Reia as she set out on her Hong Kong adventure.

With a crashing start 2017 is going to be different. Very different. And this started with my New Year Resolutions. The usual suspects made it to the list. And a few new ones. But there was a twist. I was going to reward myself for keeping the resolutions. I would measure these on a quarterly basis and reaching 90% of the overall targets would be considered successful.


Each of these were rewards I've always wanted, but had never been able to pamper myself with. Now I had an incentive to earn them.

The Q1 reward is an iPad



The Q2 reward is a scuba diving certification trip



The Q3 reward is a Mavic Pro drone



The Q4 reward is a holiday with Ivy in South America



And the Big Annual Award is a Family Holiday in Hawaii




I'm hugely incentivized to achieve my resolution targets. Will let you know in 2018 how it turned out.



And last, but most important here's wishing your families and you an Awesome and Amazing 2017. May it be filled with Health and Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment