Sunday, January 29, 2017

The History of our World


One of the items on my 2017 list of things to do is to "learn more". About anything and everything. And I guess the world we live in, is a great starting point. I was debating about which books I should read and I wasn't very encouraged just seeing the thickness of the books.


And I felt that there has to be a nicer, quicker way to get a brief peek into the subject. And I found not one but 2 resources that in addition to being informative were both interesting and fascinating.

Check them out for yourself.


The history of our world in 18 minutes | David Christian

Backed by stunning illustrations, David Christian narrates a complete history of the universe, from the Big Bang to the Internet, in a riveting 18 minutes. This is "Big History": an enlightening, wide-angle look at complexity, life and humanity, set against our slim share of the cosmic timeline.




A History of the World in 100 objects

A 100 part series by Neil MacGregor, Director of the British Museum, exploring world history from two million years ago to the present.

Objects featured in the series can be explored and their stories discovered in the Museum galleries or here on the website through the links below.


http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/a_history_of_the_world.aspx

And at the end of knowing a little ore about the history of the world, it was a humbling realization that the more I learnt, the more I realized about how little I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment